Dunlop Sportmax Q5
The Dunlop Sportmax Q5 is designed to increase the depth of the Sportmax family lineup to accommodate track-day-level riding like no other Dunlop DOT street tire has before, with even greater overall performance and grip than the Q4.
ADDITIONAL TIRE FEATURES
- Made in Dunlop’s Buffalo, New York, plant on the same proprietary equipment as Dunlop racing products.
- Sharply defined new tread pattern with lower groove density puts more rubber on the ground at all lean angles.
- New taller profile with improved corner entry and high-speed stability at full lean.
- Both front and rear tires utilize Dunlop’s proprietary Racing Type Fine Carbon Technology in the tread compound.
- Performs better in the wet, warms up quicker, does not require tire warmers, and is engineered to run on the track at close to street pressures.
- Dunlop has also expanded the size range of the Q5 to include five additional sizes for increased bike fitments: 110/70ZR17, 140/70ZR17, 150/60ZR17, 160/60ZR17, and 200/60ZR17.
- The Sportmax Q5 is DOT-approved for street-legal use.
Dunlop Sportmax Q5S
Having enhanced constructions, profiles, compounds, and tread patterns, the Dunlop Q5S provides nimbler handling and improved dry and wet grip to make it even more user friendly all while maintaining class-leading durability.
ADDITIONAL TIRE FEATURES
- The front tire profile and construction were changed to allow for a 7mm shorter tire. This shorter profile created a lighter steering feel and quicker turn-in rate to allow for a nimble handling tire.
- Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) technology allows for a taller tire profile along with sides that taper in more aggressively for remarkable turn-in response and feel.
- MT Multi-Tread technology in the Q5S rear tire uses a silica-infused, long-wearing compound in the center of the tread for longer tread life, and special lateral grip compounds on the left and right shoulders for outstanding grip.
- Improved compound to enhance both the dry and wet grip by adjusting the polymer, changing to a softer shoulder compound, increased the amount of carbon black content by utilizing Carbon R technology and increased oil content.
- Optimized tread pattern design to aid in quicker warm-up times and improved wear characteristics.
- The Sportmax Q5S is DOT-approved for street-legal use.
The post Sponsored Content: More On Dunlop’s New Sportmax Q5 And Q5S Tires appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.